With one billion+ units per year mobile handset market and a rapidly growing smartphone market (200M+ units in 2009), the handset OEM’s are straddled with conflicting requirements. Consumers are demanding more services, with longer battery life’s and lower costs for these smart phones. On the other hand, the Wireless Carriers demand new handsets for new and emerging standards such as LTE which in turn require additional performance from the baseband processors. Yet, today’s hard wired ASIC’s cannot provide low cost, high performance, multimode solutions and bring products to the market quickly.
The flexibility of the SB3500 processor gives the handset OEM’s the ability to develop and deploy mobile handsets without compromising on time to market and cost.
- Delivers 4G LTE (TDD and FDD) performance
- Delivers any 3G system: HSPA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, etc.
- Legacy 2G and 2.5G systems are supported
- WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile WiMAX
- GPS, A-GPS for car or pedestrian
- All broadcast systems supported (DVB, DMB, DAB, etc.)
- Smallest PCB space
- $$ Savings on eBOM
- Fast time-to-market
- Low power consumption